Monday, January 28, 2008

Thing #17 - Web-based applications

Web-based apps are a great resource for groups of people working jointly to create collaborative documents. It could be used for editing or brainstorming. I created an account in Zoho Writer, but I had problems with the editing. I uploaded a Word document, but Zoho did not consistently make the changes that I requested. It logged me out once. However, I did like the templates and smiley options.

I switched to Google docs, and had no problems with editing. Google doesn't seem to have as many choices as Zoho Writer, but is effective in what it does have. It apparently saves all the revisions, so that if I change my mind, I can go back and see what I previously had. Another very cool feature is to subscribe to an RSS feed of the document changes.

I tried to use both Google docs and Zoho Writer to upload a document to this blog, without success. Does anyone have any pointers?

1 comment:

Celina said...

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for using Zoho Writer and sorry for the inconvenience caused with zoho editor.

We request you to post any of you concerns to support@zohowriter.com so that it would be helpful for us in identifying and fix the problem for you.

In case of further details feel free to mail me at celina@zoho.com