Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thing #8 - RSS feeds

I'm so glad to finally understand (at least the basics) of RSS feeds. It's an interesting concept to have news come to you, instead of searching for what you want. I like that not just blogs, but also news agencies have RSS links. I chose Google Reader because I also have an iGoogle page and thought it might be easier to link the 2 pages. The list of headlines is a convenient way to quickly scan the postings, and it's easy to customize.
I can see classes who are doing research on current events subscribing to feeds from all over the world to get an average citizen's view on the events in their country (for example, Iraq.) The challenge will be to remember to check the reader frequently. I'm looking forward to being more connected now.

No comments: