Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasts

In looking through Educational Podcast Directory, I found a great site right away. Under Student and Class Broadcasts (Secondary) I was very impressed by Hopkinton High School Library book talk podcasts. What's more, they have been doing it since 2002. They record book talks over their state's award winning titles, similar to our Tayshas list. Here is their link if you'd like to try it: Book Talk Podcasts

In searching the different directories, it is obvious that many libraries have podcasts. Some are about books, some feature authors or speakers they have had, some advertise programs they host. I noticed that some of the podcasts had not been updated in a while. It would be important before beginning to decide if regular podcasts are possible for your library. I also learned that if you put "book talks" into the search box, you find out that lots of authors are doing podcasts about their latest books!

In iTunes I found a podcast called "Cool Tools for the Library", featuring a different Web 2.0 tool with each episode and how it might be used in an educational setting. The podcast is presented by graduate students in the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. I subscribed and added it to my Google Reader.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Love all your booktalk links!