Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing #20 - YouTube

The interesting thing about YouTube is that anyone can create a video and upload it. The topics are unlimited, some inappropriate, and they range from very creative and humorous to ridiculous. I was suprised how many instructional video clips that I came across. What a great way to show how to do something new. Watching how many people create great videos makes me want to learn how to edit video better and mix slides in with it. (Is there a PFK class idea here???)

I would love to do something creative with the library rules that we talk about in Freshman Orientation. The more humor is used, it seems like the students remember it more. So I found a clip that I embedded on the rules at a Jr. High. One interesting feature I noticed was that you can create playlists on any topic. You could have several videos on hand to emphasize whatever you are teaching.

2 comments:

happylibrarian said...

I love this absolutely! I realize what fun a video can be in teaching the "Library Rules" at the beginning of the year. It's inspiring me to seriously consider this as a project. You found a great video!

rookiereader said...

I love the video you chose. I made a video in my certification class with a couple of students from my elem. campus. It was fun and easy. After viewing your YouTube selection, I am thinking again...